What information we collect
In General. We receive and store any information you enter on our Website or give us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you (“personal information”), including your first and last name, telephone number, postal and e-mail addresses. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general some information about you is required in order for you to register as a member; participate in a survey; or ask us a question.
Automatic Information. We automatically collect some information about your computer when you visit ConsumerVine.com. For example, we will collect your IP address, Web browser software (such as Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer), and referring Web site. We also may collect information about your online activity. The reason we collect this information is to give us a better idea of whom our user is and how we can better serve them.
How we use your information
With whom we share your information
ConsumerVine.com may share your information with the following entities:
- Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including, business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys and fraud prevention. These companies have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
- Business partners with whom we may jointly offer services. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear with ours. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners and recommend you evaluate their practices before deciding to provide your personal information.
We also may share your information:
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of ConsumerVine.com, our customers, or others; and in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors a Web site receives or the ratings created by consumers for any given business entity. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
How you can access your information
You can access your information though the My Vine page on ConsumerVine.com, where you can view, update, or change your personal information. On this page, you also can change your password; view all information submitted to ConsumerVine in the form of reviews or comments.
You can close your ConsumerVine.com account by selecting the Cancel Account option. We will send you an e-mail confirming your request to close your account to the e-mail address contained in your member profile. Please note that after you close an account, you will not be able to sign in or access any of your personal information. However, you can open a new account at any time. Please also note that we may retain certain information associated with your account for analytical purposes as well as for recordkeeping integrity.
Your choices with respect to collection and use of your information
- As discussed above, you can choose not to provide us with any information, although it may be needed to submit reviews or to take advantage of certain features offered on ConsumerVine.com.
- You also can add or update information on the My Vine page and close your account as described above.
- When you register as a member on ConsumerVine.com, you will be given a choice as to whether you want to receive e-mail messages from ConsumerVine.com about special offers. As a registered ConsumerVine.com member, you can modify your choice at any time on the My Vine page by checking or un-checking the “receive email notifications” box. Please note that we reserve the right to send you other communications, including service announcements, administrative messages, and surveys relating either to your ConsumerVine.com account or to your submissions on ConsumerVine.com, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
How we protect your information
We want you to feel confident about using ConsumerVine.com to review travel service providers, so we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no Web site can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they only may do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
How you can contact us